Spicy roast potatoes
I made this as a side dish the other night, but it was the star of the show, hence writing this up, but the lack of photos. This started with me reading a recipe that was super complex adding fried lentils, fried sev noodles, fried onion and peanuts to the fried potatoes. Part way though I realised… these are ingrediants in bombay mix! So I gave it a go and everybody loved it.
You will need
- Potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Spring onions, fine sliced, including the gree
- A red chilli finely sliced
- A big handful of Cofresh Bombay Mix crunched up a bit so there are no huge noodle chunks.
- A slug of olive oil
- A big spoonful of mango pickle
- A small spoonful of chilli pickle (I used Mr Vikki’s King Naga )
- Stir the potatoes in a big bowl with the olive oil
- Stick them in the airfryer on 200oC for about 15 minutes, until golden. Shake the basket every 5 minutes or so to brown them evenly
- Stir the potaotes and pickles until everything is coated
- Stir in the chilli, onions and bombay mix
- Serve quickly - the noodles will go soft
Savoury as all heck. Crunchy bits, salty bits, spicy bits, sweet, spicy, very satisfying.