Spicy Sweet Potato InstantPot Soup
Instance I joined the Cult of Instant Pot I’ve become a fulltime convert. The thing I love about it most is having everything in one pot which does everything. It leads me to using multiple cooking methods in one dish (and with no washing up). Pressure cooking isn’t for everything, but it works brilliantly for soup.
You will need
- A large leek, finely sliced
- A large sweet potato (this one was over a kilo), peeled and rough chopped
- A litre of stock (I used Marigold Vegetable Bouillon)
- A heaped teaspoon of the very excellent Mr Vikkis King Naga Pickle
- About a tablespoon of coconut cream (I used some very handy sachets)
- A good lug of vegatable oil
- Pop the leek, potato and oil in the InstantPot with on saute for 5 minutes and move it about if it sticks
- Add the rest of the ingrediants and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes
- Bleed off the steam and blitz with a stick blender
Velvety smooth, sweet and rich, with a sharp spicy finish.