This is an enriched bread dough, with a bunch of seasonal fruit, a dose of spice and some light brown sugar. I threw in a tangarine too, which lead to too much moisture and to load sinking in the middle, but it tasted great.
I love my breadmaker. It’s not available any more, but the closest model is the Panasonic SD-2500. The timer is invaluble and intuative, very handy for having fresh bread in the morning.
You will need
- 200g wholemeal bread flour
- 200g white bread flour
- A heaped teaspoon of mixed spice
- A small handful of raisons
- A small handful of currents
- A small handful of mixed peel
- A small handful of light brown sugar
- An egg
- A packet of fresh yeast
- Optional: some season fruit - such as a tangarine
- 270ml water
- Put it all in the breadmaker
A little richer than normal, smells amazing, tremendous fresh with butter, great toasted. Sort of likea giant hotcross bun.