Saag Black Pudding
Recently I’ve been cooking a lot of spiced spinach dishes. It’s a tonne of green vegetables, full of spicy goodness and if you squint you can convince yourself it’s healthy.
This week I’ve had a near terminal case of manflu. I also found 300g of blackpudding in the freezer that needed using up so I took a chance, and set about comparing these two great super foods. It was… amazingly good.
You will need
- Everything except the cheese in the /blog/2019-05-31-saag-paneer/
- Black pudding cut into thick rounds
- Follow all the steps in /blog/2019-05-31-saag-paneer/ other than those for the cheese
- Grill the blackpudding until crisp on the outside
- Reserve the fat that leeches out
- Stir the blankpudding and it’s fat though the spinach sauce
- Gently heat it though for a few minutes
The spice of the blackpudding shines though. The crispy edges retain their structure. It’s better than you imagine.