Friday night tacos with corn & pineapple salsa
All the best food is interactive, and some rare beef tacos with a sweet and spicy salsa are just the ticket on a Friday night after a long week.
You will need
- Thin beef steak
- A pair of sweetcorn on the cob
- A good sized chunk of pineapple, or a few rings from a tin
- A chilli
- A handful of corriandor fine chopped
- Taco trimmings (sliced lettice, grated cheese, sour cream, an inappropriate number of hot sauces)
- Taco shells or (in my case some mini wraps)
- Pop the grill on as hot as possible
- Put the corn, pineapple and chilli under the grill under blackened
- Keep turning until everything is a bit charred on sides. Remove stuff as it’s ready (the chilli browns quickly)
- Fry the steak under as well done as you want it, wrap in clingfilm and set aside
- Slice the corn off the cob, chop the pineapple roughly and fine slice the chilli
- Mix corn, pineapple, chilli and corriandor
- Slice the steak finely
- Heat the tacos, prepare all rest of the trimmings
- Assumble everything ready for eating.
The rare meat is melt in the mount. The salsa is a great mix of sweet, hot, charred and chunky. Piling food together and eating with your hands is the way to get close.