It all started with Facebook’s vile bonhomie “What’s on your mind?” prompt, leading me to write “What’s on my mind? Whether a Twix sandwich is feasible, and if so, legal?” and so, this delicious nightmare was born.
Things to note:
- Toasting the bread on one side before making the sandwich stops it being too soggy
- Once cooked watch out for pockets of insanely hot chocolate
- As it cooks the caramel with cool and harden. I’d bet you could eat these cold
You will need
- 2 slices of bread, I used fluffy white
- 4 fingers of Twix
- A smear of sharp marmalade
- Pop the bread in a dry frying pan on a medium heat until lightly toasted on one side
- Lightly smear the toasted sides with marmalade
- Arrange Twix and close up, marmalade sides in
- Cook in the frying pan, turning until golden on both sides
- Slice corner to corner for maximum stability and food porn cross section
Super hot, sticky, gooey and sweet. The marmalade sharpness offsets to grease and the biscuit remains crunchy enough to be satisfying.