One of the fringe benefits of eating a lot of BBQ in the States was eating a ot of BBQ side dishes. It was facinating how many variations on potato salad there were, from the mayo coated gloop at one end to the warm, sharp, vinegar laden jobs at the other. The best I think we had as at Kreuz’s which had chunkys of pork in it.
I’ve no idea if this is like Kreuz’s, I’d have to go back to try it again, but it’s tremendous all the same.
You will need
- New potatoes
- Djon mustard (about a desert spoonful)
- Cider/wine vinegar (about 2 desert spoonfulls)
- Fresh parsley (snipped)
- Soft cheese (about a desert spoonful)
- Slice the potatoes to about 1cm thin and pop under boiliing water with some salt
- Mix all the other ingrediants
- Once the potatoes are cooked through drain and let cool and steam for a minute or two to cool and firm up
- Stir it all together
Supet sharp, the cheese gives a good texture, the mustard has bite without being hot. Seen here with poorly-ethically-sourced-breaded-comfort-food.