I’ve never really enjoyed sprouts but one of my friends pointed out that you could treat them like tiny cabbages and in the same week I saw another friend referring to “baconating the sprouts”. I couldn’t resist.
You will need
- Sprouts I used about 20
- 3 inches of left over leek
- 2 rashers of fatty bacon
- Slice the bacon finely
- Fry slowly with a little butter until crisp, lift out to one side, retain the fat
- Slice leeks very finely and half/quarter the sprouts
- Add back to the bacon fat, cover with a lid and sweat for five minutes or so
- Add back the bacon, stir it all round and serve.
The leek should be translusent, the sprouts cooked but still firm, the bacon crunchy and bacons. Serve with a side order of roast dinner.