I’ve been craving scones and baked things. Sadly they’re not great for weightwatchers points. Today I stumbled upon cheese gridle scones on the excellent food blog tamarindandthyme. I decided to have a go a making something which ticked all the boxes for me, but cost me less points, but removing the cheese and butter.
You will need
- 120g of self raising flour
- Enough Fage Zero to make a loose dough (about a handful)
- A good pinch of dried mixed herbs
- A pinch of salt
- A couple of heaped teaspoons of nutritional yeast
- A good grind of black pepper
- A little butter to serve
- Flake salt to serve
- Mix flour, salt, black pepper, herbs, nutritional yeast and Fage to a soft dough
- Avoid handling too much but roll out to toughly 1cm thick then drop it into a non-stick pan
- Cook on a low heat for a good 5+ minutes on both sides
- Serve with a very thin slice of butter and a pinch of flaky salt
Mine were justa little too thick and needed cooking longer to cook all the way though, they were however, excellent with a cup of tea., a little like a potato scone.