There are times when I crave savoury so bad it is unreal. I’ve found myself eating chilli flakes in oil from the jar not five minutes after making peanut butter and lime pickle sandwiches. Only that strange mix of salty, spicy, sour and crunchy hits the spot. I drunkenly created the first version of this which involved the principle ingrediants over hot chips, which is possibly better through less instant than the toast version.
You will need
- About an inch of spicy chorizo, finely diced (or sliced)
- A couple of spoonfuls of sauerkraut
- A tablespoon of spicy pickled onion vinegar (mine was from a jar of Haywood’s Spicy)
- 2 slices of bread
- Pop the chorizo into a pan on a low heat
- Pop the bread in to toast (it doesn’t matter if it goes cold once it pops)
- Once the chorizo has leaked it’s oil and crisped a little
- Add the sauerkraut to the pan and stir until it’s hot through
- Stir in the vinegar
- Pile onto toast
Crunchy, spicy, sour, meaty, salty, GET IN MY FACE.