After an epic roadtrip round the States (more on this another day) I’m back on Weightwatchers and tryng to keep my daily calorie intake down. Filo pastry is an excellent WW “cheat” - it’s way less points than other pastry and yet crunchy. Using Philadelphia cheese is another sneaky cheat too. Green beans with carmelized onions are something I had in Harlem and am trying to reproduce (without the huge amounts of butter).
You will need
- A large sheet of pre-made filo pastry
- A salmon fillet
- A portion of Philadelphia Lightest
- A handful of green beans (I ussd frozen)
- Half a red onion
- A squirt of no-calories frying spray
- a teaspoon of dijon mustard
- Pop the oven on 180 degrees C
- Fine slice the red onion and pop in a pan with a squirt of fry spray (or a blob of butter if not on the WW) in a pan with a lid.
- Pop a gentle heat on under the pan so the onions start to sweat
- Pull the skin off the salmon fillet. Start at the thick end for ease
- Wrap the salmon in a sheet of filo. I kept tucking the ends in so that there was an even layer of pastry right round
- Pop the salmon in the over if it’s up to temperature.
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Whilst it’s baking stir the onions round and once softened add the sliced green beans and a drop of hot water. Cook under a lid until the bens are slightly softer that you might want them normally.
- Once you’re ready to plate up, mix the Philadelphia and mustard in a pan on a gentle heat with a drop of hot ater to get it moving.
- Top crispy salmon package with mustard mix and serve with beans.
Crispy pastry, bitey sauce, beans are sweet and slightly sticky.
Total of 10 WeightWatchers Smart Points (Salmon 5, Filo 4 and Philadelphia 1)