Years ago I baked chicken pieces in cream, tarragon and carmelised onions for a dinner party. It was excellent, but very rich. This is a lighter alternative, perfect for a summer evening tea.
You will need
- Chicken thighs. 2 per person
- A tub of low fat greek yoghurt
- A large bunch of tarragon
- A bag of peppery salad. Finally a use for rocket!
- A squeeze of lemon
- Stick the chicken in a metal backing tray and into an oven at 180o
- Bake until just done.
- Stick bunches of tarragon under each piece of chicken and top with a good blob of Greek yoghurt. Spread it out more than I did and a scrape of black pepper.
- Bake for another ten minutes. There should be plenty of juices.
- Leave to cool for five minutes
- Whisk all the juices with a couple of heaped tablespoons of yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon. Here I made a mistake and should have stripped the eaves from the cooked tarragon
- Pile salad onto a plate, top with chicken and pour over the sauce. Note I should really not have added the tarragon stems.
- Serve immediately, warm things on top of salad wait for no man.
Creamy wihtout being too heavy. Lemon offsets the grease of the chicken (no extra fat was added). I left the bone in the chicken which might have been a mistake for ease of eating.