This seems really odd but was really good and an excellent way to use the heat when you put the BBQ on.
You will need
- A couple of slices of watermelon (very ripe)
- Mint leaves
- Rock salt
- Make sure the melon is very ripe (I stuck it in a bag with a couple of bananas to make the most of the XXXX effect)
- Get the BBQ seriously hot
- Cook the melon until the flesh starts to blister and caremalise. The photos don’t do it business.
- Cool as quickly as possible. I stuck it all in the freezer.
- Dice melon and feta. Finer than I did.
- Mix with rock salt and fine chopped mint leaves.
Sweet and savoury. The melon is surprisingly meaty. Seen here with some fast and hard grilled lamb.