This idea was everywhere a few years ago, especially on the American food blogs. I didn’t ever get round to having a go (as a packed lunch) but given how much noodly soups feature in our house, it was only a matter of time. Luckily at work there are hot water dispensers everywhere so come lunchtime I just added hot water and everything was go.
You will need
- A suitable piece of Tupperware. I bought a Sistema Microwave Soup Mug
- A block of noodles. I used my favorites from the Chinese super market which are often used for chow mein
- Half a red pepper (sliced)
- A chunky spring onion (finely slices)
- A chilli (sliced length wise)
- A stock pot. Next time I’ll use half one
- Noodle soup condiments, I used soy, dried chillies in oil and hoisin.
- Stick it all in your tub the night before
- Add boiling water
Mine was a bit salty and had leaked in my laptop bag, so not as good as I was hoping, plus the hot water at work was not boiling. All these are easily remedied next time. So much better than a dull sandwich.
If I’d had any left over cold pork or beef that would have been a good edition.