I stumbled across an excellent slow cooker pulled brisket this week and had cravings. I also had a small leg of lamb in the freezer which needed using. Swapping beef for lamb, turns out to work well.
You will need
- A chunk of lamb (mine was about 1.2kg with bone)
- A heaped teaspoon each of ground cumin, black pepper, ground coriander and chilli powder
- An onion, grated
- A smoked chilli, fine chopped
- A couple of cloves of garlic grated
- A couple of teaspoons of tomato puree
- about 125ml of cider vinegar
- About the same of hot water
- a couple of bayleafs
- Mix everything
- Slow cook for about 6 hours (cut the meat off the bone if it’s stcicking up out of the sauce)
- Pour sauce off into something and leave to cool so you can skim the fat off
- Once you’re ready to eat, shred the meat
- Boil the sauce to reduce it to the consistency of… I’m stuck here…custard?
- Mix meat and sauce
We topped toasted tortila with heads of meat, blackbeans and quickly red onion.