Nothing complicated here, just some lamb chops grilled fast are hard, grazed and served with a flavoured couscous. I thought I had a pot of ras el hanout around somewhere but when I couldn’t find it I improvised and loved the result
You will need
- Labs chops. I used us a bag of six from the freezer
- Half a teaspoon each mixed spice, cinnamon, sweet smoked paprika and sumac.
- A couple of teaspoons of a red berry jam. I used up some cranberry and port jelly
- A handful of finely snipped mixed fresh herbs, I used mint and parsley
- Zest of a lemon
- A handful of pomegranate seeds. I used frozen which are surprisingly good
- Pop the grill on high
- Pop the lamb under the grill
- Mix the couscous and lemon peel and cover with enough hot water, leave covered
- Mix the spices and jelly
- Once the lamb is blackened on side turn them over
- After a few minutes smear the meat with the spice goo and return to the grill but turn it down
- 2 minutes before you’re ready to serve stir the pomegranate seeds and herbs, cover again.
- Once the gazing is bubbling and the edges of the lamb are blackened, plate up.
Sweet glze, sweet meat, crisped edges all good