Sometimes things come together perfectly, almost as if they were planned or predestined. Today was such a day. I was extolling the virtues of my new favourite drink at work and one of my colleagues mentioned something his partner said and the drink was named. I present The Winky, named by Lyndsey Tait. Why? For she perfect observation that “the lemon 16%* is the winkyiest**”
You will need
- 100ml (1/3 of a can of “16%*” San Pellegrino Limonata
- 50ml of Aperol
- 50m of gin (something oily and strong like Plymouth
- A handful of ice would be good
- A heavy based rounded glass
Bitter and herbal yet sweet and moreish. Significantly winky.
* In our office San Pellegrino Limonata is known as 16%, mostly because it contains 18% juice. We’re a funny little tribe.
** “Winyiest” eg. makes one wink the most due to the full force of the 16%*