It’s something of a tradition in my house to make sandwiches on Xmas night using the leftovers, but there is a rule: if it was on the table, it’s in the sandwich. Additions are allowed, but no skipping things, even sprouts.
Due to the volume and weight involved it’s something of a construction challenge so I include notes and photos.
You will need
- Everything that was on the table, no cheating.
- Toast base layer for structural integrity. Cranberry sauce (not too liquid).
- White turkey meat. Always a bit dry so close to the cranberry.
- Sliced roast potatoes and parsnips.
- Sliced sprout and carrots.
- Instead of heaping up, start on the other slice. Bread this time spread with bread sauce natch
- More meat. Sliced sausages in blankets and stuffing
- Baked red cabbage for moisture
- Cold gravy and black pepper.
- Construct with a quick flip and cross cut