A good way to use up Christmas trimmings or, in my case, christmas party leftovers and bargins to be had hen shopping.
You will need
- Chicken portions, I used drumsticks
- A handful of fresh cranberries
- 3 peppers
- A large glass of wine or beer
- One of these handy stock pots or some leftover gravy
- A couple of spoonfuls of cranberry sauce
- A chilli
Little bit of garlic and lemon would not go amiss.
- Brown the chicken in a pan you can put in the oven
- Add the peppers (diced), cranberries, chilli and wine/beer
- Bang it in a 180 oven for a good 40 minutes
- Add the gravy/stock and cranberry sauce, give it all a good stir
- return to the oven for another 30 mins or so
- Take the lid off and let the top almost burn
Sweet and sticky, just enough heat from a single chilli, a touch oily. Some lemon at the end would have heped cut the grease. Rice was good but toast would have been better. I’d e tempted to add some pigs in blankets on top next time.