You will need
- Chicken portions. I used 2 bone in thighs per person
- A bag of waxy potatoes, halved
- A couple of heaped tablespoonfuls of Tagine Paste
- An equal amount off red wine vinegar
- Sweet peppers (I used a box of pretty little ones but 3 or 4 full sized ones would have done the ame job)
- A head of cauliflower separated into florrets (support your British cauliflower farmers!)
- A bag of baby tomatoes
- 8 inches of chorizo, cut into forkable chunks
This is super easy, but you need to add the ingrediants in stges so the softer things don’t burn.
- Pop the oven on at 180
- In a large bowl mix the paste and vinegar and tumble all the chicken and potatoes so everything is covered
- Arrange skin skin down in a tray evenly
- Stick it in the oven for 30 minutes or so. Lots of juice will run
- Wish your large bowl clean, you’ll need it again
- Tip everything from the oven tray into the large bowl an add all the other ingrediants
- Return to the oven tray, making sure the chicken is skin up.
- Return to the oven for another 30 minute or so, until the chicken is crisp, the tops of the potatoes have caught and the juices have returns to a sticky unctious goo of savoury delight
Spicy without being hot, deepy savoury, crispy bits, soften bits, rich but with the wine vinegar to ccut through the fat. Some crusty bread wouldn’t have gone a miss.
Only the one photo I’m afraid.