After a trip to Wagamammas this weekend I realised I’d not had miso in ages, and my donburi had some excellent sweat sticky chicken. I thought the combo of the two would be rather good.
You will need
- A chicken breast per person
- A packet of miso soup base
- Teriyai sauce mix (I used a very thin one)
- Root ginger, an inch or so fine sliced.
- Spring onions, a handful fine sliced
- Pop the miso and sliced ginger into a pan with a few cups of boiling water and bring back to a gentle boil
- Add the chicken breasts. They will poach through in a few minutes
- Mix a teaspoon of honey and the teriyai sauce
- Lift the chicken out and set to one side to cool
- Slice the stem of the broccoli thinly and separate the florets
- Slice the chicken a cnetimeter thick, pour over the mix and pop into a hot dry frying pan. Bubble until chicken has absorbed the liquid and gone sticky
- Drop the broccoli and spring onion into the still boiling miso mix. Boil for two minutes.
- Assembe with chicke in a bowl. I added kimchi and chilli flakes in oil
Super savoury, umami rich, chicken is tender and sticky, broth rich and satisfying. I should have chopped broccoli smaller.