A little while ago I ran across a Reddit post talking about “Pizza Fries” which looked amazing. I had the left overs of a roast chicken which had been been roasted over tomato, onions and peppers and couldn’t resist having a go.
This is without doubt the least classy dish I’ve cooked in a while and the most tasty.
You will need
- Left over roast chicken stripped off the bone
- Left over roast vegetables
- Half a jar of tomato pasta sauce
- A potion of oven chips
- A handful of strong cheddar
- Pop the chips in the over and cook until done
- Meantime heat up veg and pasta sauce
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces
- Stir the chicken into the pan
- Heap up the chips, pile the chicken mix on the top
- Cover with a handful of cheese
- Put back in the oven for ten minutes until everything is crispy
- Eat and feel shamed (excellent with home made mango pickle or hot sauce)
Something that is far better than it has any right to be. The sauces oozes though and bakes onto the tin tray leaving an unctuous, velvertine, umami rich clag which is a joy to scrape off.