Out of date goats cheese? Check Slightly past it’s best leek? Check No pastry and can’t be arsed to make it? Check
Perfect dinner: Goats cheese and leek tartlets!
You will need
- Goats cheese
- Sliced white bread
- Cut off the crusts of the bread and press into a muffin tray. Imagine it’s pastry.
- Slice and saute the leeks in a blob of butter until cooked and mostly translucent. Use the green as well as the white. Use slightly too much butter, the bread will thank you
- Pile the leeks into the muffin tin slightly higher than the lip of the tray. Add a scratch of black pepper
- Add a slice of goats cheese to the top of each one
- Bake until crispy and golden.
- Serve with a salad.
The butter leeks through the leeks into the bread so it fries and crisps in the tray. The cheese melts and darkens. It’s a savory joy in your face.