Second dish of the trip, this cooks up quickly because the hard to cook bits (the potatoes) are done in advance.
You will need
- A couple of big potatoes
- A coupe of chorizo
- A medium sized onion
- Dice the potatoes and stick under boiling water for 5 mins
- Drain and set aside. They should be almost cooked through. Let them steam dry
- Dice and brown the onion
- Dice the chorizo into forkable chunks
- Bag the cooled stuff you’ve prepared along with a couple of knobs of butter.
- To reheat: keep it moving, as the chorizo leaks oil and the butter melts, the potatoes will fry. Try to scrape bits off the bottom.
A non-stick frying pan would have been good. It made an excellent breakfast.