No real recipe here, just another (rather serious) chunk of beef from G&S Organics becoming dinner for a few friends.
You will need
- A rib of beef. This was a 1.5kg piece, on the bone
- A little oil
- A handful of rock salt
- Plenty of black pepper
Herb roast potatoes
- Enough potatoes to fill a pan cut into quarters
- A couple of cloves of garlic
- A big spring of rosemary
- Olive oil
- Knob of butter
- Get the BBQ on.
- Rub the beef with the oil, salt and pepper. I’ve started using double of tripple the amount I’d expect to
- Put the potatoes, garlic and rosemary in the pan
- Fill the pan with boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the pan, leave it to steam for 5 minutes so the potatoes are dry but and par cooked
- Add a glug of oil to the pan, give everything a shake and dump into a roasting pan
- Stick the roasting tin into the over on 180 for 30 miinutes.
- BBQ the beef for about ten minutes on both sides
- Turn and grill the fat on the beef too!
- Rest beef for 5 minutes whilst you dish up the potaties.