BBQ masters will hate everything about this, but the result, tender, moist, hot but not crazy hot, is well work the pay off. These were baked in the oven then finished on a reasonably hot BBQ with a smoke box.
You will need
- Rack of pork ribs. Morrisons do UK sourced ones, entire for about £4 each
- tablespoon of black pepper
- tablespoon of cumin
- tablespoon of paprika
- tablespoon of onion powder
- tablespoon of golden sugar
- A commercial sweet bbq sauce. I used Sweet Baby Ray’s which is a bit too sweet to be honest
- Grind the spices and sugar to an even consistency
- Rub into the ribs evenly and thoughly
- Clingfilm tightly and leave to rest for as long as you can. A few hours is fine.
- Pack into a oven tray in a single layer and tinfoil the top tightly
- Pop into the oven at 100 degrees for about 4 hours
- Pop your BBQ on to heat, you want to be ready to rock with a medium heat.
- Take the ribs out and mix a good slug of BBQ sauce with the juices.
- Pop your smoke generator onto the coals
- Rack the ribs with the bone side down and baste liberally with the sauce.
- Cook for about 40 mins, basting a few times. Leave bone side down
- Fend off cats with a stick.
Fall off the bone tender, moist, nicely burnt ends and edges. Irisistabe to cats.