I doubt this is in any way authentic to any country, but get passed that and dig in.
You will need
- A chunk of bely pork
- A handful of kale
- Sweet chili sauce
- Five spice
- Dark soy
- White wine vinegar
- Score the fat right though
- Rub the 5 spice into the meat side of pork
- Mix sweet chili, soy and vinegar
- Stick meat and mix into an air tight plastic bag and marinade for as long as you can
- Pour off the marinade and reserve
- Wrap the pork in tinfoil and bake at 150 for about an hour
- Unwrap, place fat side up, pour over the marinade and shake on sesame seeds
- Bake at 180 for about 20 minutes until the top is crispy.
- Take out of the oven and tilt the tray so the fat drains to one end. Whilst it rests…
- Boil noodles
- Put kale into a massive pan with an inch of boiling water and a lid. Steam for a minute
- Drain noodles
- Drain kale and splash with lemon, shake.
- Slice the meat along the lines of the scores.
Crispy fat, unctious fat, spice, sweet, sharp and satisfying.