After seeing deep fried halloumi on TV this week, I wondered whether it could be airfried. Good news, it can!
You will need
- A block of halloumi cut into chunky chips. I got 8 out of a large slab
- A heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika
- A heaped teaspoon of onion powder
- A heaped teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4 heaped teaspoons of plain flour
- An egg, whisked
- Stick the airfrier to 200oC
- Mix all the dry ingrediants on a plate
- Dip the halloumi in the egg and then flour mix
- If you can get away with it, double dip in egg and flour again
- Airfry for about ten minutes until the outside is crisp
- Serve with a salad, something with a bit of acid to it
Crispy, salty, chewy and satifying. The ouside was a touch powdery because they’ve relied on the fat leaching out of the cheese, not been deepfried. Next time I’m going to tumble them in a hot sweet sauce before serving.